The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Too Close for Comfort



Well, it looks like Ike will spare South Florida, although we'll probably still get some crappy weather from it.


Hubby was pretty freaked out about it and for a bit there I started getting concerned.


The good thing tat came from it is that it shocked us out of our complacency. We finally got the hurricane supplies we should have gotten back in June. We now have plenty of batteries for the battery-operated fans and TV, a new cooler, freezer bags in which to freeze water, new flashlights, etc.


Oh yeah - and Spaghettios - lots of Spaghettios. Hey! That's hurricane food! And Vienna sausages...mmmm Vienna sausages. This time in addition to canned tuna, I also got canned salmon - I figured if things got really crappy and the heat was making me feel sub-human, some lovely salmon and hard boiled egg would make me feel better. Ooh - and deviled ham! Seriously, how often go you eat deviled ham?


So...a big old kiss to those who thought good thoughts for us - apparently they worked! But keep it up for a few more days just in case - thanks!




Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you guys are okay!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh man...Spaghetti-Os are perfect hurricane food because they're still pretty great even when they're cold. I wish they had them here. I miss trash foot...ahem...hurricane food like Spaghetti-Os once in a while.

Glad y'all are safe. And you stay safe, you hear?

5:57 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Good thing you're prepared. I'd eat Spagetti-Os...but don't tell my kids that! ;-)

3:37 PM  
Blogger IslandPearl said...

Do you still have family in Cuba? I was praying for them all weekend...they got totally hammered.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

No, thankfully, I don't have any family left in Cuba. My heart breaks for all those in the Caribbean who have been so devastated. Turks and Caicos lost something like 70% of all property.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home