The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, November 2, 2006

Another One of Those Question Thingies

I love these! I got this one from Katya's blog Observations of a Librarian.

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
" 'Fuh' she says once more, as if to an especially slow child."
("Take Big Bites" by Linda Ellerbee)

2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?
My couch's right arm rest

3. What's the last program you watched on tv?
A PBS documentary about The Blue Man Group

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
10:45 p.m. I was wrong it's actually 11:24 p.m.

5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?
Whatever is on ESPN - hubby is watching.

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
During vacation at the beginning of October, I walked around the antique area of Mount Dora, Florida. I don't really *do* outside!

7. What are you wearing?
One of my hang around the house shorts set

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
If I dream, I rarely remember it

9. When was the last time you laughed?
Last night at a friend's house for Halloween

10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?
Several paintings and wall hangings

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
Yes, some of last night's Halloween costumes

12. What do you think about this meme?
I like it - not the usual questions

13. What's the last film you saw?
"Syriana" on DVD. I can tell it's a good movie, but I was completely lost

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Pay off our mortgage, give money to family and friends, ensure the kids in the family have a trust set up, set up a swcholarship at a local university so that every year a student can get a full four year ride, buy a house and travel

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
When I first registered to vote - another life time ago - I registered as a Republican

16. If you could change one *superficial* thing in this world - not involving politics - what would it be?
I'd air condition everything

17. Do you like dancing?
Sometimes - I have to be in the mood

18. George Bush?
I can no longer stand to look at or listen to him

19. What do you want your children's names to be, girl/boy?
If I had had children and it was completely up to me I would name a girl Miranda and a boy Eric

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Not for extended periods

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
There are several people waiting for you right over here...

22. Who should do this meme? Everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Air conditioning! Of course! When I visited some northern state -- I've lived most of my life in the south -- I was shocked that there were places that didn't have air conditioning -- and it was on purpose.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Suse said...

You haven't been outdoors for a whole month?

Oy.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Well when I said "outdoors" I meant for an extended period of time, like taking a walk, hiking, having a picnic, etc. Of course I go outdoors to get in the car, to go ina store, to go to someone's house, I just don't *stay* outdoors for extended periods if I can avoid it - at least until December or January.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I wonder for me if living abroad means I live abroad now or if living abroad would me I get to live back in the US?

You know living abroad would get you out of having to look at or listen to GWB so much.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home