The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Soundtrack for My Life - Music Meme!

I was over at The Geek Inside and read a comment from Seven that mentioned a meme. Of course Sari was the one being tagged, not me - Seven's never heard of me, but I don't care - you know me and memes!

So, here are the instructions per Seven:

  1. Open your music library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod, whatever)
  2. Put it on shuffle
  3. Press play
  4. For every question below, type the song that’s playing
  5. New question — press the next button
  6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool
  • opening credits: “Pavement Cracks” by Annie Lennox
  • waking up: "Get the Party Started" by Pink (how cool is that?)
  • first day at school: "Let Her Cry" by Hootie and the Blowfish (How did they know?)
  • falling in love: “Smile” by Tony Bennett
  • breaking up: “Sk8r Boi” by Avril Lavigne (!)
  • prom: “Check On It” by Beyonce and Slim Thug
  • life’s okay: “Hey Jack Kerouac” by 10,000 Maniacs
  • mental breakdown: “Brilliant Disguise” by Bruce Springsteen (wow, that's deep and a bit too close for comfort)
  • driving (OK, so I don't drive, let's just pretend): “I'm Still Standing” by Elton John
  • flashback: “Night and Day” by Frank Sinatra
  • getting back together: “These Are the Days” by 10,000 Maniacs
  • wedding: “Say You Love Me” by Fleetwood Mac (that worked out well!)
  • birth of child (again, not gonna happen, just work with me here): “The More You Ignore Me” by Morrissey (is it wrong I find this funny?)
  • final battle: “Sweet Home Chicago” by The Blues Brothers
  • death scene: “Cecilia” by Paul Simon
  • end credits: “American Woman” by Lenny Kravitz

That was fun - weird, but fun. Come on...what's the soundtrack to your life?

If you want to play, let me know in my comments.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Oohh...oohh, count me in!

10:00 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Okay, that's hysterical - if Hilda DID drive, which she doesn't, if you missed it when she said that, but if she did drive the song playing would be "I'm Still Standing", which would be sung by the grateful pedestrians as she goes careening by! Too funny.

12:08 AM  
Blogger sari said...

This is fun, isn't it? My ipod needs to be charged so i can play too.

Did you check out www.muxtape.com that Seven had on her site? It's very cool, I'm listening to it right now!

12:12 AM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Oh, and I'm playing along as well!

1:14 AM  
Blogger brooke said...

Hey, thanks for the linky-love. I know how it is with memes... they're sort of addicting. I think it's funny that your death song is Cecilia. My friends and I always used to sing "making LUNCH with Cecilia" because we thought it was funny.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

I agree that "Cecilia" is an unorthodox death song. :)

8:57 AM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Really? I don't see it.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home