The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, June 6, 2008

The Lola Shuffle - "The *Has This Been The Longest Week Ever Or What?* Edition"

I mean seriously! By Tuesday I had already had a long week! I think it's because we were programmed during our oh so important formative years to expect a 3 month summer vacation - so when June rolls around, our minds, bodies and souls are ready for 3 months of mindless, for the most part unplanned activity, or non-activity depending on our mood. Yeah, that's it.

So Lola, get out of your "I should be on summer vacation" stupor and shuffle us up a nice list...

  1. I Shot the Sheriff - Eric Clapton (while this is good, I prefer Marley's version)
  2. Kiss - Tom Jones (conversely to the above, I prefer Tom's cover version to Prince's original - this one sounds naughtier, in a good way)
  3. In The Navy - The Village People
  4. I Could Fall In Love With You - Erasure (I totally credit my colleague Sarah for turning me on to Erasure. Although I'm not quite the pathological stalker fan she is, I do enjoy some of their music. I really like this one.)
  5. Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen (Forever a classic - always makes me smile)
  6. Under African Skies - Paul Simon (Great song!)
  7. Volcano - Jimmy Buffett (Fun!)
  8. Oye Isabel - The Iguanas (an old favorite)
  9. Pinball Wizard - The Who (Ummm...Lola - what have you been doing? Have you been "fraternizing" with strange iPods? Or, heaven forbid - a Shuffle! I didn't know how this "got in" to Lola! Good song though...)
  10. My Life - Billy Joel

    Good job Lola - but we still need to solve the "Pinball Wizard" mystery, young iPod!

    Enjoy your weekend - I'm going to pretend it's a 3-month summer vacation...(sigh)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger TroyBoy said...

Have a good one, Hil! Enjoy the gastronim adventures that you have planned for the weekend.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Have a great weekend! Do you really want to enjoy what Troyboy is saying to enjoy?

Besides that, good shuffle, especially Pinball Wizard, which when I took a Writing about Rock class my group decided was one of the worst Rock songs, simply for the line "The deaf, dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball." Which immediately made us think of the unfortunate visual of Helen Keller playing pinball.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Good shuffle -- I have loved Dancing in the Dark since I first heard it. It was my son's favorite song when he was a baby. He'd rock out to it every time, so it always gets a smile from me. :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Perhaps Lola has been hanging out with Bixente the iPod because he's chock full of The Who.

Just don't let Lola give Bixente a case of the Village People, okay? :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Hey Matt, Hilda does a great impersonation of Hellen Keller at the water well - ask her to do it sometime!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home