The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol Recap - The Battle of the Davids


Well, this is it...

I didn't really take notes, this will be short. Overall I thought the show was boring.

The First Song selected by Clive Davis:

Cook - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Great song, great performance

Archuleta - Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me - His best performance of the season; fantastic song.

The Second Song - The Songwriter's Songs

Cook - Dream Big - The song was OK but to "poppy" for him; he sang well

Archuleta - In This Moment - Boring song, he sang it well

The Third Song - Their Choice

Cook - The World I Know - I had never heard this song but I liked it; he took a risk by singing a song he had never performed; it was pretty and he sang it well

Archuleta - Imagine - Until tonight his performance of this song early in the season had been one of the few I had liked by him; I didn't like the arrangement tonight.

****************************************
Who do I want to win? David Cook

Who do I think will win? David Archuleta

See you next season!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I really liked David tonight...Cook that is! I think that Archuleta was "in it to win it" last night, but I still think that there is more than enough popularity for Cook to take this prize.

In fact, based on the website, www.dialidol.com, which measures the busy signal on the phone lines, Cook is ahead by 11.5 DialIdol points, and in the Geographical Predictions, Cook was in the bottom of 9 states, while Archuleta was in the bottom of 40 states (including the biggies of Florida, Texas and California). Oh, and they have been able to use this "system" to correctly predict every Idol for all the seasons that they have participated (which I believe has been since Season 2).

So, with all that said, my money is on Cook!

9:14 AM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

I hope Matt is right, but I fear that Archuleta will take it.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

YaY! Dialidol is correct again...Cook wins it by a landslide!

Now, for some other conspiracy idea. I think that American Idol knew it would be a big difference, in Cook's favor. Therefore, they create this unbalance the night before, in favor of Archuleta, that way, tonight, SHOCKER! Archuleta doesn't win...but American Idol gets ratings...hmmm

10:30 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Damn it, Matt...stop making valid statements that I have no choice other than to agree with.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home