The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

American Idol Recap - The Top Three



Well, well, well…it’s almost over. For this year’s semi-finals, they repeated the formula they used last year everyone performed three songs: a Judge’s selection, the Performer’s selection and the Producers’ selection. Let’s get to it.

ArchuletaPaula’s ChoiceAnd So It Goes by Billy Joel: I had never heard this song; he sang it very well, part of it a capella; the vocal was excellent but the performance was boring. Score – 8

SyeshaRandy’s ChoiceIf I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keyes: I don’t like this song; she looked beautiful; the low parts were too low for her; boring song, boring performance. Score – 6

David CookSimon’s ChoiceThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack: Beautiful song!; his arrangement was fantastic, he totally owned it; excellent performance. Score – 10

ArchuletaHis ChoiceWith You by Chris Brown: Don’t know the song; there must have been a shift in the time-space continuum, perhaps a sign of the apocalypse, but I really liked this performance; the song was great and his performance *wasn’t boring*!; he actually looked kinda cute. Score – 9

SyeshaHer ChoiceFever by Peggy Lee: One of my favorite songs ever; she looked great but I didn’t like it at all; her voice was off and the arrangement didn’t work for me. Score – 6

David CookHis ChoiceDare You To Move by Switchfoot: I didn’t know I knew this song but I recognize it from somewhere – a commercial maybe? In any case – fabulous! He sounded great again a fantastic performance. Score – 10

ArchuletaProducer’s ChoiceLonger by Dan Fogelberg: Another of my favorite songs; horrible choice for Archuleta, he totally doesn’t *get* the song, it’s way too old for him; he looked like a dork with the short buttoned to the top; his voice was off, he reverted to boring; it was a mess. Score – 6

SyeshaProducer’s ChoiceHit Me Up by Gia Farrell: Don’t know the song, but I liked it; she looked good again, comfortable on the stage; good song for her, good performance. Score – 8

David CookProducer’s ChoiceI Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith: great song, amazing arrangement; he took an iconic song and changed it without messing it up; loved the violins; his voice and performance were excellent; he’s head and shoulders above the other two. Score – 10

Combined Average Scores:

Archuleta – 7
Syesha – 6
David Cook – 10

Wishes and Predictions:

Who I Think Should Leave – Syesha

Who Will Leave - Syesha



What do you think? Will it be a David vs. David Finale?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

So, since you have corrected me on song titles before, I must return the favor:
- Syesha sang 'Fever' not 'Fire.' If fear if she sang Fire, everyone would have ran out of the auditorium.
- Syesha also sang "Hit Me Up" not "Hot Me Up"

Do you have a fever because I think it's getting to you...fire, fever, hot, hit....

Take two of something, and call someone in the morning!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Matt - well DUH! Clearly this post was ill-fated. You'll notice it's dated Wednesday but I didn't actually post it till Friday - because I forgot!

Regarding "Fever" - I can't believe I made that mistake! Seriously one of my favorite songs. "Fire" is a whole other song - written and recorded by Springsteen but made popular by the Pointer Sisters (I think).

Regarding "Hit Me Up" - that was just a typo...:)

Thanks!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home