The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, May 5, 2008

Naples - Day 3


Another beautiful day in Naples - the weather has been fantastic.

Today we slept in and then went across the street to Tin City - a shopping and restaurant complex built right by the water. We had a nice, relaxing lunch at Riverwalk Fish and Ale House and then visited the Naples Winery. They had wines made from various Florida fruits, and offered lots of samples, which I gleefully accepted. I wound up buying some Muscadine grape wine (Muscadines are the only grapes harvested in Florida) and a strawberry sparkling wine that was delicious.

We drove around Naples getting the lay of the land...we drove to the beach, around the historic area and through the residential area. We didn't go Downtown yet, we'll probably go on Tuesday. Oh ad we made quick Publix run for supplies.

We came home and relaxed, took naps and just hung out. Then we walked around the block to a fantastic "Hawaiian fusion" restaurant called Roy's. Dinner was absolutely delicious! I had a Mai Tai, lobster pot stickers, roasted duck and a yummy chocolate souffle. Then my wonderful hubby insisted that I order Ice Wine as an after dinner drink because he knows how much I love it, so I did - and it was good!

We walked back to the hotel just as the sun was setting, a cloudless evening and a wonderful breeze. It's all good...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

It sounds like a wonderfully relaxing vacation. I am SO jealous. ENJOY!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Dare I ask what they sell in "Tin City?" Could it be...tin?

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home