The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, May 2, 2008

The Lola Shuffle - The "I Am Outta Here Edition"

Yep - starting maƱana I am on vacation! WOO HOO! The western coast of Florida is beckoning to me...its warm tropical breeze whispers my name...right now the bottle of tequila for my first margarita of the trip (which I will be drinking tomorrow!) is being delivered...

But for now...Lola shuffles! Lola's all packed, her ear buds, charger and cable is ready to go!

  1. Take Me Home - Cher (HA! Lola is making a funny. We're getting ready to *leave* home, so she shuffles up "Take Me Home" - get it? Silly Lola.)
  2. I Only Want to Be With You - Dusty Springfield (Triple love this song!)
  3. Juke Box Songs - Danny Collett & The Swamp Cats (Fantabulistic zydeco song - makes me want to dance like nobody's watching. I mean the song starts with "I'm gonna to go downtown, I'm gonna find me a bar, I'm gonna drink and drink until the song comes up tomorrow - oh baby - I'm gonna spend my money on jukebox songs, I'm gonna dance the night away baby...")
  4. Mother and Child Reunion - Paul Simon
  5. Southern Nights - Glen Campbell (Stop laughing! Yes - I have a cheesy Glen Campbell song on my iPod, this shouldn't surprise anyone by now.)
  6. Lady - Lenny Kravitz (awesome song)
  7. Iko Iko/Brother John/Jambalaya Medley - Terrance Simien (I guess Lola is in a zydeco frame of mind...Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!)
  8. Reasons - Earth Wind & Fire (That's right all 4.5 minutes of it - in school dances, this is the one you wanted to be sure you were dancing to with the guy you liked, 'cause it's loooong and slow...you ended up smelling like the guy's cologne. In my day if it was a *private school boy* I smelled like "Aramis" or "Polo", whereas if it was a *public school boy* I smelled like "Brut" or maybe "English Leather" - ah, memories...)
  9. The Look of Love - Diana Krall (another nice slow dancing song - for grown ups)
  10. Roundabout - Yes

Excellent job Lola - next up...Road Trip! WOO HOO!

Have a fantastic weekend! Next time you "hear" from me I'll be on the other side of the state.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

have a great trip!!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I guarantee you that I have more cheesy Glen Campbell on Bixente than Lola has. Guarantee you!

And that is truly the best Dusty song. I love it too.

Hope your trip is wonderful!

7:04 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

May I listen to the Jokebox Songs song? I like me my Zydeco.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home