The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, May 9, 2008

Naples - Day 7


Today we headed North on 41 towards Bonita Beach, Cape Coral, Estero, etc. Fort Myers and Sanibel are in that direction but there's construction on both bridges and we didn't want to deal with it.

We started by crossing the Caloosahatche River into Cape Coral where we met with yet another WoW friend for lunch. Nothing exciting, just Perkins. Then we drove to Bonita Beach (shown above). I had never been there and really liked the beach - it made me regret I didn't pack a bathing suit - I'm usually not beach person, but today the sea "called to me"...


We explored a bit around Naples today trying to find the "Historic Area", we kept following the signs but didn't see anything particularly historic - this is Naples people, not Philadelphia! We also checked out Naples Beach, isn't it pretty?

We stopped at the Italian restaurant from which we got pizza and sandwiches the other day and once again are eating in. Hubby has a hockey game, the Eastern Conference Final to watch (go Flyers!), and frankly I'm tired so we're just gonna hang.

Oh, big news! We were supposed to check out tomorrow (Saturday), but Hubby surprised me by booking an extra night, so we're leaving Sunday instead. He figured it would be easier for me this Mother's Day if we were traveling rather than being at home. One of the many reasons I love this man.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Good for hubby. That's a smart man.

12:46 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

I'm glad you're having a blast over there. But we do miss our Hilda fix at work!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Your hubby's AWESOME! Holy wow!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home