The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Lola Shuffle - The "DANGER - I Have Access to a Free Frequent Flier Round-Trip Ticket to Europe and a Passport" Edition



I'm about ready to take a cab to MIA walk up to the American Airlines ticket counter and buy a ticket to the next plane to anywhere in Europe. Seriously.

I don't want to be in charge of things, handle things or plan things. No. I don't want to talk to the nice case manager from the home health care company who is being harassed by the thugs who call themselves my health insurance company. I don't want to think about when the frickin' frackin' car will be ready to get out of the repair shop or how much it's going to cost or if the mechanic was able to get a used part for the car seat that isn't working right. I don't want to think about how to distribute my 401K, which by the way will no longer be matched by my employer because the economy is f'd up. I don't want to think about how Hubby will endure the plane ride to his sister's wedding at the end of March.

I just don't.

Instead I want to listen to what Lola has shuffled up - because see, *she's* in charge of that - I have nothing at all to do with what comes up. So, go on Lola, shuffle away please. I'll just lay here under my desk rocking in the fetal position while sucking my thumb.

  1. Maybe Baby - Buddy Holly
  2. That's the Way of the World - Earth, Wind & Fire
  3. Swing - Trace Adkins
  4. This Old House - Brian Setzer Orchestra
  5. Jungle Love - Steve Miller Band
  6. Time - Hootie and the Blow Fish
  7. Life in the Fast Lane - The Eagles
  8. Everlasting Love - Gloria Estefan
  9. Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
  10. I Never Promised You a Rose Garden - Martina McBride

Have a great weekend - maybe I'll see you at the airport!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

You just come on over here, honey. I'll hide you and not let you make any decisions.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

You can't leave without me, you just can't! (stomp, pouty face)

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home