I'm sorry I missed last week's shuffle...I was busy and time got away from me. So today, Lola will shuffle up 20 songs to make up for the missed randomness.
Of course today is 9/11. Everything that has to be said has been said and then some. When I woke up this morning I found myself thinking about how I felt that day. Upon finding out there was initial disbelief and confusion. Then when they hit the Pentagon and we found out about the third plane there was panic. When I got home and started watching the endless coverage, I think I somehow skipped anger and went straight to deep, dull sadness.
That's what I feel today - sad for the victims, for the families of those we lost, for the country we used to be and will probably never be again, and for the subsequent victims - those who have died in the wars and their families. So much violence, tragedy and senseless loss.
So today I say a prayer for all those who were saddened to a degree that would seem unbearable. And today I gave my husband an extra kiss and a bigger hug when he dropped me off at work, because you just never know...
OK Lola...let's make up for lost time...
- Dead and Gone - T.I. featuring Justin Timberlake (Wow - that was totally random!)
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
- Wake Up Alone - Amy Winehouse
- 'Round Here - Counting Crows
- Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby? - Dinah Washington
- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - The Beatles
- Ugly - Jon Bon Jovi
- Jungle Love - Steve Miller Band
- Cry! Cry! Cry! - Johnny Cash
- Botch-A-Me - Rosemary Clooney
- I Shot the Sheriff - Eric Clapton
- The Dirty Boogie - Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
- Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac
- Seven Bridges Road - The Eagles
- Luck Be a Lady - Frank Sinatra
- City of New Orleans - Willie Nelson
- Anyone Else But You - Michael Cera & Ellen Paige ("Juno " soundtrack)
- Someone Saved My Life Tonight - Elton John
- New World Man - Rush
Have a safe and happy weekend!
Labels: anniversary, Current Events, History, sad, The Lola Shuffle