The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Lola Shuffle - The "Make Up for Last Week" Edition



I'm sorry I missed last week's shuffle...I was busy and time got away from me. So today, Lola will shuffle up 20 songs to make up for the missed randomness.

Of course today is 9/11. Everything that has to be said has been said and then some. When I woke up this morning I found myself thinking about how I felt that day. Upon finding out there was initial disbelief and confusion. Then when they hit the Pentagon and we found out about the third plane there was panic. When I got home and started watching the endless coverage, I think I somehow skipped anger and went straight to deep, dull sadness.

That's what I feel today - sad for the victims, for the families of those we lost, for the country we used to be and will probably never be again, and for the subsequent victims - those who have died in the wars and their families. So much violence, tragedy and senseless loss.

So today I say a prayer for all those who were saddened to a degree that would seem unbearable. And today I gave my husband an extra kiss and a bigger hug when he dropped me off at work, because you just never know...

OK Lola...let's make up for lost time...
  1. Dead and Gone - T.I. featuring Justin Timberlake (Wow - that was totally random!)
  2. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
  3. Wake Up Alone - Amy Winehouse
  4. 'Round Here - Counting Crows
  5. Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby? - Dinah Washington
  6. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - The Beatles
  7. Ugly - Jon Bon Jovi
  8. Jungle Love - Steve Miller Band
  9. Cry! Cry! Cry! - Johnny Cash
  10. Botch-A-Me - Rosemary Clooney
  11. I Shot the Sheriff - Eric Clapton
  12. The Dirty Boogie - Brian Setzer Orchestra
  13. Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
  14. Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac
  15. Seven Bridges Road - The Eagles
  16. Luck Be a Lady - Frank Sinatra
  17. City of New Orleans - Willie Nelson
  18. Anyone Else But You - Michael Cera & Ellen Paige ("Juno " soundtrack)
  19. Someone Saved My Life Tonight - Elton John
  20. New World Man - Rush

Have a safe and happy weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home