The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The New TV Season

When I was a kid I used to love the "Fall TV Season". I would pore over the extra-thick special edition of the TV Guide - by the way I hate their new format and content. Anyway, I would research the new shows and look for tid-bits about my returning favorites.

Back then there were three networks and some local and UHF stations - and I had scheduling issues! Now I have digital cable and like 500 channels - even my TIVO-like substance can't help!

And now a lot of shows don't even start their seasons in September!

Anyway, tonight I watched a returning favorite: "Dancing with the Stars" - don't judge me! I like the dancing. My early prediction for winning the whole shebang: Mario Lopez - he played Slater on "Saved by the Bell". Remember?

I also watched a new show starring Anne Heche, of all people. It's called "Men In Trees" - it's sort of "Sex in the City" meets "Northern Exposure" - I really like it! It's about a relationship coach (Anne Heche) who gets cheated on by her fiancee and winds up starting over in Elmo, Alaska where she had traveled as part of a book tour. It's smart and quirky.

Of course there are some favorites I can't wait to see again..."Lost", "Gray's Anatomy", "Gilmore Girls", "Monk", "House" - technically that's already started, but I have the first episode on my TIVO-like substance and haven't watched it yet.

And, as before - I have scheduling issues!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

I LOVE Dancing With The Stars. I think it's a fun show and I enjoy the dancing. Super Mario was awesome! and Emitt Smith can dance too!

The TV is on basically for background noise. I don't remember ever focusing on TV shows and still don't. When I'm home I turn on the TV and check to see what's on. It's basically hit or miss with me. If I happen to be home and in charge of the remote, then I can choose what to watch. Otherwise, my husband or children win out. That's pretty much the remote control pecking order: husband, child not doing homework, child who finally finished homework, then me. :)

Back to the Dancing Stars, I thought Jerry Springer was a hoot! Did you hear him say he decided to do the show so that he could learn to dance for his daughter's upcoming wedding. I thought that was sweet and he had fun with it!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I thought I was the only one who used to get all excited about the new fall season TV Guide back when I was a kid.

I'd get all excited about the new cartoon season too!!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home