The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, November 3, 2006

Our Anniversary Tradition

As you may remember from reading this blog a couple of days ago, on November 1st my husband and I celebrated our 9th anniversary - YAY!

On our first anniversary we started a tradition that we've kept even when we were out of town. What we do is at some point during the evening, we light the unity candle from our wedding mass, turn down the lights, pour some champagne in the Bride and Groom flutes from our reception and dance in our living room to our "first dance" song - "Beautiful In My Eyes" by Joshua Kaddison.

It's simple and private and wonderful. It gives us a few minutes to focus on our marriage, remember our wedding and just dance. I pray I will be keeping this tradition with the most wonderful man in my world for many years to come.

Do you have any special, private traditions?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray before every meal, even those I eat at restaurants or with people who don't pray. I just bow my head for a bit and say a little something.

Oh, and I used the meme you used on the 2nd

1:46 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Even though I already new about the tradition, it still brought tears to my eyes when I read it. It is so tender and beautiful and wonderful. May it continue for many many years!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You really do have sweet traditons!

The only thing I can think of right now that would be a private tradtion is that B and I say goodnight to each other in the exact same way every night. It's our routine and I could never go to sleep without it.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home