The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Edvard!



Today is Edvard Munch's - one of my favorite artists - 143rd birthday.


The painting shown above "The Scream" or "The Cry" is probably his most famous painting, but he has a significant body of work in addition to this piece. Although "The Scream" is my favorite (I have two inflatable Screams, one about 2' tall that sits on my desk at work, and one that's 4' tall that lives in my second bedroom wearing a big straw hat, a feather boa and several strands of mardi gras beads), he painted another piece, "The Mermaid" which I also love.


You go Eddy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Robinson said...

I wondered why I kept seeing a version of The Scream on Google where the subject's eyes served as Google's o's. Now I know, so thanks! :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I've never seen The Mermaid before -- I really like it.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home