The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, December 29, 2006

I Have an iPod - now what?

My wonderful husband got me an iPod for Christmas and last night I was able to start playing with it. The first thing I want to do is rip songs from my gabillion CDs so I can get rid of them (the CDs).

So, I follow the scarce instructions I have and download iTunes. Then I plug my iPod into the laptop and run through the installation wizard.

My iPod's name, by the way, is Lola.

Anyway, the next thing I know there are 66 songs of which I had never heard (I guess that's the "New Music" iTunes introduces you to) not only in my iTunes library but *on my iPod*! What the hell?

So I think I figured out how to get rid of them and I actually managed to get the three songs from the Ricky Martin CD - don't start with me people! - on to the iPod. Now I'm just afraid when I go back into iTunes to rip more CDs those scary songs will attack Lola again!

Every teenager I know has figured this iPod thing out, apparently without toomuch angst. What gives? Is this the universe's way of telling me I'm too old for an iPod?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I have an ipod but that hasn't happened to me. I wonder what's going on?

If you email itunes, they'll tell you why it does that. They didn't charge you for those songs, did they?

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home