The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I made my first contribution for the 2008 election!

Yep - I've officially started my 2008 Presidential election activities! The other day I visited Draft Gore and made a $10 donation for a bumper sticker.

As of right now Al Gore is my candidate. Yes, I know he hasn't announced he's running, and in fact has said quite the opposite - that he doesn't want to run. But I still have hope.

He's better than ever IMO. He's drawing in crowds with his movie "An Inconvenient Truth" - great movie by the way - and they are crowds of all types. He's relaxed, confident and funny - and he's just so damned smart!

Now I love Hillary and would love to see her be President, but I think she's too polarizing, it seems too many people hate her just for the sake of hating her. And Barack Obama - again, I love him but I don't think it's his time just yet. And Kerry - well, just no.

Aaaaand...we're off!




Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

I heard something on NPR about a survey on Hilary. Those surveyed largely said THEY would vote for her but were afraid OTHERS would not. But the surveyors had a hard time finding the OTHERS.

Maybe Hilary has a better chance than you think!

10:24 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I can always count on your for the latest news.

I would vote for Gore, for sure.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago I saw Al Gore on Oprah and thought, "Damn. It would be so nice to have a smart president." I'd love it if he ran and won. I always thought he was underrated.

I'd vote for Hillary, but I'm definitely one of those people mentioned in the NPR survey.

I love Barack, but I don't want him to run for purely selfish reasons. I'm moving to Illinois next year and want him to be my senator.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home