The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Espadrilles!

So, I'm in bed perusing Silhouttes my favorite plus size catalog, when all of a sudden my sleepy senses are accosted by espadrilles! And not only regular espadrilles, but also ankle-tie espadrilles! Now, is this really necessary? Do we really have to resurrect every fashion disaster of the 70s and 80s?

Actually, maybe this time we do. At least when it comes to *me* and the well-being of South Florida's flora and cash crops. See, "back in the day" when I was young and stupid and wore espadrilles voluntarily, whenever I would wear my espadrilles and be all stylin' it would rain. Guaranteed. Now, you know what happens when the straw part of the espadrille gets wet - it gets all yucky and you often have to buy a new pair. Well, seeing as to how South Florida is suffering from an almost drought - I guess the properly Al Goreian thing for me to do is to go out and get a pair, put them on and have Lake Okeechobee's water levels return to normal.

But they won't be the ankle-ties - no way no how. Never again!





Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I've never seen that catalog before -- I like their clothes. Do the sizes run small, large, or what they say they are? There's a dress I'm considering buying but I'm not sure what size to get.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh I loved espadrilles! I must have bought a zillion pairs of them.

No ankle tie jobs though.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, they're not fasion disaster! Crocs are fashion disaster. Espadrilles are great, they give me a few inches more and yet are comfortable to walk on. Every woman wears them at the Ferias in southern Spain. Ah, and the ankle job: it is flattering on the legs.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home