The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, March 16, 2007

Lola, El-oh-el-aye, Lola, la, la, la, Looolaaa Shuffle

OK, after two shots of delicious Cuban coffee Lola offers you:
  • "All of Me" - Billie Holiday (Way to go Lola, great start!)
  • "Tom Sawyer" - RUSH
  • "The Boys in the Backroom" - Marlene Dietrich (my favorite Dietrich song)
  • "Keep on Singing" - Helen Reddy
  • "Folsom Prison Blues" - Johnny Cash
  • "Oye Isabel" - The Iguanas (does anyone know them, they are a fabulous New Orleans band)
  • "Come Monday" - Jimmy Buffet (at least you like this *song*, right Dixie?)
  • "Luxurious" - Gwen Stefani (oh, look, Lola decided to come into the 21st century!)
  • "When I Come Around" - Greenday
  • "YMCA" - The Village People (Don't start with me people! At least secretly - everyone smiles when they hear The Village People)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Definitely a good Jimmy Buffett song! And my favorite Rush tune as well!

I'm a bit more concerned over Helen Reddy than I am over The Village People! :D

5:06 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

And everyone also knows the moves to YMCA and the words. And Billie Holiday in the shuffle cancels out any concern that might be generated by Helen Reddy. :)

4:52 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I like Come Monday and also Tom Sawyer.

I have to say I'm surprised to see Rush on Lola! :-)

And let's here it for Green Day!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Dixie - I am shocked and appalled that you besmirch Helen Reddy! She's fabulous! I have her Greatest Hits CD and listen to it all the time. I AM WOMAN dammit! ;)

Katya - I don't see Billie canceling out Helen - I see them complementing each other. :)

Sari - My husband is a HUGE Rush fan...I've actually seen them in concert - I like a few songs.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home