The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, March 9, 2007

Her name was Lola...

...she liked to shuffle...

  1. I'm a Woman - Peggy Lee
  2. Always on My Mind - Willie Nelson
  3. Boat Drinks - Jimmy Buffett
  4. I've Got the World on a String - Frank Sinatra
  5. I'm the Only One - Melissa Etheridge
  6. My Sharona - The Knack
  7. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Greenday
  8. In the Mood - Glenn Miller Orchestra
  9. Highwayman - Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson
  10. Tabu - Desi Arnaz

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

You have to look at my Friday Shuffle entry to know why all this Willie Nelson is killing me. And Jimmy Buffett to boot! Heh!

How much do I love that Glenn Miller and Desi Arnaz popped up on Lola?

And I have to say that I used to really like My Sharona until I heard that it was on GWB's iPod. It's ruined because when I hear that song I think of that lipless wonder!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

I read that you're not much of a Willie fan, but I didn't know you had Buffett issues!

I love Willie and I'm a major parrot-head - what can I say?

The Desi Arnaz song "Tabu" is fabulous - it's in the style of an African chant and he names several of the "Santeria" deities, the percussion is amazing. He really was a much better musician than what we got to see on "I Love Lucy". Before marrying Lucy he was a major bandleader in the New York music scene.

If you're interested, the name of the CD this and the other Arnaz songs I copied on to Lola is called "Desi Arnaz: 1937-1947", it's more authentic than the usual Arnaz CDs on the market.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Thanks, Hilda!

By the way - it absolutely breaks me up that your iPod is named Lola. There's something so absolutely right for you about that!

8:39 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I like the Frank song, always gives me a smile.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home