The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Let's Talk About Books!


Books and Memes...two of my favorite things! I found this one at: Rocks in My Dryer . If you want to participate, leave your blog link in my comments.

Here we go...

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Paperback

Amazon or brick and mortar? Brick and mortar

Barnes & Noble or Borders? Barnes and Noble

Bookmark or dogear? Bookmark with post-it tabs

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? Random

Keep, throw away, or sell? I am physically incapable of throwing out a book - no matter how bad it is. If I don't want to keep it I donate them or give them away.

Keep dustjacket or toss it? Keep it

Read with dustjacket or remove it? Remove it

Short story or novel? Both

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? Both

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Harry Potter

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Chapter breaks

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Once upon a time

Buy or Borrow? Buy - I like writing and underlining stuff

New or used? Used

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? All

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Tidy ending

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? Anytime, but ideally afternoon and evening.

Stand-alone or series? Both

Favorite series? Rebecca Wells' "Ya-Ya" books and Harry Potter

Favorite children's book? The Little Prince by Antoine de Sainte-Exupery

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? The Gate to Women’s Country
by Sheri S. Teper

Favorite books read last year? The Year of Pleasures
by Elizabeth Berg and Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Favorite books of all time? Too many to list. Off the top of my head: "To Kill a Mockingbord", "Breakfast at Tiffany's", "The Red Tent", "The Shadow of the Wind", "Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood", "Pride and Prejudice", "Rebecca", and on and on and on.

Least favorite book you finished last year? I don't remember.

What are you reading right now? The Last Cato
by Matilde Asensi and New Orleans Mon Amour by Andrei Codrescu.

What are you reading next? The Audacity of Hope
by Barack Obama and Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Oooo...danke. I need a little content for tomorrow.

Do you know I've never read The Little Prince? I don't even know what it's about! That's rather sad, isn't it?

8:37 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

That's ok Dixie, I haven't read it either; yet!
I posted the meme too!
Thanks!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it probably actually has to be a sin to throw a book away. What a waste. And think of all the people who can't afford to buy such luxuries!

I'm with you, if I don't want it anymore, I'll donate it. Or find a cafe somewhere and leave it, with hopes that someone will pick it up and read it.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home