The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Two Little Miracles

Amidst all the craziness that's been going on in my life I have been lucky enough to witness a wonderful event.

A friend with whom I work and his wife, with lots of faith and lots of hope, made the decision to initiate the adoption process back in June/July 2007. They applied to an agency where a friend from their church works. They went through the classes, background checks, home visits, paperwork, etc. Time passed and nothing happened. As 2007 drew to a close they were starting to believe it wouldn't happen, in fact they told each other "It looks like we're not going to have children" and they started to plan their annual summer vacation for 2008.

Through a series of events and conversations, my friend and his wife were told of a woman who had 5 kids - two of them infant twins - and needed to give up the twins, because she simply couldn't afford them. On January 3rd, my friend made an initial phone call to find out the details about the situation. Many phone calls later to lawyers, the birth mother, the agency's social worker and others, on January 9th my friends drove to Central Florida and came home with beautiful, 6 month-old fraternal twin girls. The lucky little girls are absolutely adorable, and the parents are beaming with happiness.


In just 6 days the lives of 4 people (plus extended friends and family) were changed forever! The clincher: the girls were named Faith and Hope by tehir birth mother! And, they were born at about the same time my friends decided to try to adopt.

Here they are, Faith on the left and Hope on the right.



These little girls are so blessed and have been greeted with so much love that their new dad was a bit overwhelmed the other day as he thanked all of us for the quick baby shower we put together for them. They had less than a month to prepare for not one but two babies - they had nothing! He told me that it hadn't been just us, but the new mom's workplace had done the same thing, as had members of their church along with their family.

What a way to begin the new year! I was lucky enough to see a miracle occur, one that has blessed four very special people.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger TroyBoy said...

Having seen these two cuties in person, I can attest the fact that they are as adorable as they look.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

How WONDERful!!! Do they have all the equipment they need? Since they need 2 of things, remind them to check out local Consignment shops. You can usually find things there in really good condition for cheap.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

First let me say that I'm glad your friends are happy to become parents but I feel incredibly sad that a woman was forced to give up two children, who I'm sure she loves and will miss, because of lack of money in the richest country in the world. That to me is a travesty...ciao

11:12 AM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

Who are the parents? Anyone I know?

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home