The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Culinarily Adventurous Girls Club


Have I ever told you about how a group of my friends and I get together once a month to try out new restaurants and foods? We call ourselves the Culinarily Adventurous Girls Club, (yes, I know "culinarily" is not a word - just go with it). We even let our boys be "honorary adventurous girls"!

If you have time, visit our web site and let me know what you think. Go ahead and explore - look at the pictures, check out the News Feeds we have some interesting stuff there, etc.

We have so much fun! We've been doing this for about two years and have enjoyed all kinds of cuisine: Ethiopian, South African, Korean, French, Indian, Salvadoran, Vietnamese, Mexican, Filipino, Bengali, Portuguese, Indonesian, etc. Obviously, in some cases the *adventure* is in trying a new restaurant rather than the type of food, but there's always something new to be discovered and tasted.

This is one of the ways I stay in touch with my friends regularly - we schedule time to just hang out, eat some good food, drink some good wine (or other things!) and just have fun.

Do you do anything special with your friends on a regular basis to maintain those important connections?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

If I was still in Miami, I would soooo be applying for membership.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home