The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Year(ish) Meme

This is supposed to be a New Year Meme, so I figured I'd better post it before much longer. I found this at Pop Culture Librarian - fun! If you want to play, let me know in my comments.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
A bunch of stuff, but I'll say pumped gas

2. Did you keep last year's new years' resolutions, and did you make more for 2008?
I don't do New Year's resolutions

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?
Yes! A couple of friends at work, well technically their wives gave birth

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No - thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit?
Only domestic travel.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Better health and healthy loved ones.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory?
12/30 my mom broke her hip.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Pumped gas for the first time! OK, seriously, stayed in close touch with my friends.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't keep track of my failures - I just try and learn from them.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was diagnosed with Diabetes.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our iPod docking station with speakers

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends, always my friends - they make me happy.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Dubyuh and company

14. Where did most of your money go?
I have no idea.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hubby and my vacation to New Orleans to celbrate our 10th anniversary - it was fabulous.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"Irreplacable" by Beyonce...it was everywhere and I really like it

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Sadder

b) thinner or fatter? Thinner

c) richer or poorer? Poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travel.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worry.

20. How did you spend Christmas 2007?
With friends.

[21 is missing. Couldn't be bothered to stick around, apparently.]

22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I stayed in love

23. How many one-night stands?
None, I'm a married lady!

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Lots, but I'll say "Brothers and Sisters"

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.

26. What was the best book you read?
Several, but the highlight was "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mika.

28. What did you want and get?
An iPod Shuffle.

29. What did you want and not get?
"Planet Earth" DVD set

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The only that come to mind is "Beowulf"

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 44 and my in-laws came to visit from Philadelphia.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More travel.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Exactly the same as 2006.

34. What kept you sane?
Hubby, as always, kept me as sane as I'm gonna get.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I discovered Clive Owen - ohmygod where had he been all my life?

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The war in Iraq

37. Who did you miss?
My father

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My two year old niece, Celia.

39. What valuable life lesson did you learn in 2007?
I should try to be less controlling - I'm working on it.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums 2007.
"If I couldn't laugh I just would go insane" - "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes" Jimmy Buffett

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home