The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, December 28, 2007

The Lola Shuffle - The "Goodbye 2007" Edition

Hello all...ready for Lola's last shuffle of 2007? We've added a bunch of new music, maybe some of it will shuffle up...


  1. Do Do Do Do, De Da, Da, Da - The Police
  2. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) - Mika
  3. Freedom is Coming Tomorrow - "Sarafina" Soundtrack (If you haven't seen this wonderful musical (play and/or movie) about a girl growing up in South Africa during Apartheid, do so, it's beautiful!)
  4. The Prayer - Josh Groban and Charlotte Church
  5. Rock 'N Me - Steve Miller Band
  6. When I Come Around - Green Day
  7. No Woman No Cry - Bob Marley and The Wailers
  8. You're So Vain - Carly Simon (So who do *you* think the song is about? I think it's Warren Beatty)
  9. Sweet Jane - The Velvet Underground
  10. Sway - The Pussycat Dolls

Well, there was new stuff in there, so it's all good.

I hope 2008 is full of happiness, love and lots of your favorite music.

Let's get this party started...:)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

Oooh! Oooh! I know this one!!!

"You're So Vain" is purportedly about Carly Simon's father--she eventually admitted it.

Richard Simon was the Simon of Simon & Schuster, a notoriously colorful and difficult man. Carly purportedly had a love/hate relationship with him.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Hi Toni,

Actually, here's what I've found - no mention of her dad in this...

http://www.carlysimon.com/vain/vain.htm

Happy New Year!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

The Pussycat Dolls!?

That's it. I'm having Lola exorcised. Okay, I'm teasing. Especially since you can find The Sugababes on Bixente the iPod.

Did I ever tell you about how B used to misunderstand the words to You're So Vain? He really thought the words were I had some dreams they were clowns in my pocket, clowns in my pocket, and....

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home