The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, December 17, 2007

Dan Fogelberg - RIP


Singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg died. His music was a significant part of the soundtrack of my life.

I can't think of high school - you know that deep, introspective, light candles, only wear black and listen to *meaningful songs* phase some of us went through - and not think of his songs. A look at the tracks on his 1982 Greatest Hits album will remind you of some of his hits. Very lyric intensive, yet very simple, beautiful stories.

To Dan - as you wrote in the beautiful tribute to your father Leader of the Band
"I thank you for the music and your stories of the road ".

There will be some sweet music in heaven tonight...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

I'll miss him so much. I think Longer may be one of the most beautiful love songs I've ever heard.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

I'm a few years older than you, but I first "dicovered" Dan Fogelberg when I was a freshman in college. I listed to "Netherlands" over and over and over and over....

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home