The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Saturday, December 1, 2007

World AIDS Day and "Thriller"





Today is World AIDS Day. This year's theme focuses on leadership - political and social - to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS. If you read the statistics, they are staggering. The ignorance about basic protection and prevention is staggering. (sigh)


On a brighter - albeit shocking - note: can you believe Thriller is 25 today? I can't. It just doesn't compute.


25 years ago today, "Thriller" was released. I was 19 years old and in college. What an impact that album has had and continues to have. Seven of the nine songs on the album were hits, it won a ton of awards, remains among the top-selling albums ever, and the list goes on. I wrote about my feelings regarding Michael Jackson back in July, so I won't repeat myself. I just thought it was worth mentioning.


But dayum...25 YEARS? The mind wobbles...



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

AND U2's Joshua Tree album is 20! When did all this happen? I can't be THAT old!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Ahhh, my sister and I tried to show the "Thriller" video to my grandmother, and she freaked out during the close-up of the zombie with goop in its mouth. But that was in her pre-tabloid TV days, so I'm sure she could handle it now.

I was never a Michael Jackson fan but I understood his fame -- charismatic, sexy, talented, rule-breaking, lots of hype.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home