The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm No Longer an IKEA Virgin!


YAY! I went to IKEA, I went to IKEA and I didn't even have to take a shuttle from a different parking lot...and I bought dishes and I ate Swedish meatballs and drank a Swedish Pear Ale. NYA, NYA, NYA, NYA, NYA...

Seriously, since people in South Florida are still insane about the IKEA, I just went to one up here in the Philly 'burbs where they've had one for years and are, you know, normal about it.

The prices are truly phenomenal - I bought a set of 6 place settings of dishes for $29 and 8 flatware settings for $20. Again, since we're driving home no packing issues. Oh and a nice kitchen clock for a whopping $3.99!

The restaurant was very nice and very well priced. The Swedish meatballs were super good and we shared Swedish Apple Cake - yummy. And the non-alcoholic pear ale was very good too.

So tomorrow we're back on the road. I have had a totally suburban vacation - it was relaxing and I saw a bunch of new places.

Oh - I almost forgot - RUN DON'T WALK to see "Beowulf".

It.Was.Awesome.

Although I could do without the whole CGI thing, the story was very well told and the acting was wonderful.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

I've always loved Ikea, especially the downstairs section with all the kitchen stuff. Whenever my nieces and nephews first moved out and got their own places, I always bought them a "kitchen in a box" from Ikea as a housewarming gift.

10:27 AM  
Blogger sari said...

The pear drink is the best one!! Now I'm going to have to go buy a bottle, thanks!!

:-)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I still need to go....I'm thinking once 18 has decided where to go to college then we go to Ikea to stock up on dorm stuff.

5:13 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Well, I didn't have to take the shuttle either when visiting the one down here in South Florida...I just had to circle around the parking lot for 45 minutes.

Next time, get their veggie wraps...super yummy!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home