The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, November 19, 2007

Road Trip - Day 3 - Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina to Warminster, Pennsylvania


OK, so yesterday (Sunday) I tried the Waffle House coffee and their famous sweet cream waffle - OHMYGOD YUM! I am really glad we don't have a Waffle House near home - this is definitely *vacation food*.

Speaking of vacation food - we had lunch at the quintessential dining experience when traveling on I-95, yes boys and girls -
Cracker Barrel ! You know what, I don't care that it's kitschy, I don't care that it's a chain, I don't care about any of it - their turnip greens and fried okra are gifts from the gastronomic gods. Don't judge me people! And guess what! Since we're traveling in a van, Hubby said that maybe on our drive home...wait for it...*we might buy a Cracker Barrel rocking chair*! YAY!

Other than the food, the day was both uneventful and lovely. The drive was easy, no traffic and beautiful weather. Hubby listened to Howard Stern (!) on Sirius and I listened to some "Wait Wait, Don't tell Me!" podcasts I had on my iPod.

Today we reach our destination: Warminster, PA. In-law and Thanksgiving revelry will ensue.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

I was so excited that I ate at Cracker Barrel twice while I was on vacation!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

I like the thing they do at Cracker Barrell where you can just order an assortment of veggies -- the traditional southern vegetables are something I like but don't cook myself. Love that fried Okra. And, unless you want yet another addiction, stay far, far away from the apple dumpling.

Also, as I recall, the coffee at Cracker Barrell ain't half bad, either!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Awww, road trip! Fantastic! I hope it's fun and stress-free, and that you can maintain that great "what's around the corner?" attitude.

PS: Okra was one of Ann Miller's favourite foods. That's important info.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home