The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, November 12, 2007

A New Chapter


Today my husband and I started a new chapter in our lives. After 8 years of working in a bank, my husband quit and is returning to school to earn his AS.

His last day was Friday and he'll start classes at Miami-Dade college in January - which is the beginning of the Spring semester- working towards his AS in Technical Support (there's a more complicated name, but that's the gist of it). He's also going to work on getting some certifications that are pretty much required for any type of Tech Support work.

I'm very happy he's going back to school. He is so smart, I mean really smart, and he was wasting his abilities in retail banking. Some issues regarding vacation time was the impetus that led to the decision, but we had been considering this for a long time, and it's something he's been wanting to do.

To be honest though, while I'm happy for him and for us, I'm a little scared. All of a sudden being responsible the family's sole income source is daunting. And of course I'm concerned we'll run out of money. That's not really a positively, we reviewed our finances carefully taking in various considerations and we're really OK. But still, I'm me. I worry. That's what I do.

So - please, think a good thought for our new beginning.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

Tell your husband congrats on taking a risk to pursue what he really, really wants. Wooohoooooo!

3:24 PM  
Blogger sari said...

You've got it! Good luck to your husband.

On the flip side, it was just as hard to go from having a good paying job to being a stay at home mom!

I know this will be great for you guys and I'm glad your husband is pursuing something he wants to do.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Best of luck! I have my fingers crossed for you both.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Tere said...

Wishing you guys luck! It's a big step, but have faith!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home