The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, November 5, 2007

I Get to Play Food Critic!


As some of you may know, almost two years ago I came up with an idea to get a bunch of friends together and and go to new or interesting restaurants - we're called "The Culinarily Adventurous Girls" (no "culinarily" isn't a word - just go with me on this). Since then we've been going to a different restaurant every month and have had some wonderful food and a lot of fun.

After each meal, in the e-mail message announcing the next date and restaurant selection, I would write a briefish review about the restaurant and what we ate and how we liked it. That eventually evolved into creating a web site for us which is currently a work in progress (once it's ready I'll let everyone know) and I also began sending the reviews to a couple of local food blogs.

Well, yesterday, the owner of my favorite of those food blogs Foodtastic invited me to be a Contributor! YAY me! If you click on the link, you'll see my latest review and my name listed as a Contributor. I'm so excited I can't stand it!

Maybe I'll grow up to be a professional food critic! Let's see you need to enjoy food - check; be brave about trying new and unusual foods - check; like to express your opinions - check (DUH!) ; and write semi-coherently - check!

Ah well...a girl can dream...:)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

That's pretty exciting!!

Maybe we'll get to see you as a mystery blogger guest on the next edition of Top Chef! (I guess they'd have to be in Miami again, but still - they had a blogger critic on this past season, why not!)

Congratulations and I can't wait to read your reviews!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

This really is exciting news! I think you'd be fabulous as a food critic!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

You, my friend, are a very talented writer. This is awesome! I am very happy for you.

9:17 AM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Congrats.

btw - I work 15 feet from this woman and I have to go to her blog to find out this stuff. Geesh.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Fame! You're gonna live forever! You're gonna learn how to fly (high!)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Tere said...

It's my pleasure to have you join us - welcome!!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home