The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

R.I.P. Robert Goulet


Robert Goulet died, just as we're about to start the holiday season.
While many associate him with his role as Sir Lancelot in Camelot, I associate him with Christmas.
In addition to several Christmas albums on his own, he and his former wife Carol Lawrence were always included in those Christmas compilation LPs you would get at gas stations when you filled up your tank back in the 60s and 70s.

As far as I'm concerned Goulet's is the best rendition of "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen" and the definitive version "There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays". His voice was so deep and resonant, and he was just so beautiful when he was young and then he grew handsome as he aged.
Thankfully we still have the recordings. This year Robert Goulet will be singing Christmas music in my house, as he has since I was a child.
"Don't let it be forgot / That once there was a spot / For one brief shining moment / That was known as Camelot!"

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Oh gosh, I remember I was about 11 or 12 when my mom took me to see Camelot at the movies, it was great.

And you're right - I will always associate him with Christmas because of all his wonderful recordings.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home