The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, October 12, 2007

The Lola Shuffle - The "YAY AL!" Edition

As you probably know by now, Al Gore has won the Nobel Peace Prize! I'm so happy I am once again doing my *sitting-in-an-office-chair-happy-dance* (patent pending).
And another reason for celebration - congratulations to Troy at Pheasantly Fascinating! Their baby boy arrived a couple of days early. Mommy, baby, big brother and Troy are doing great!
So, Lola - let's give Al a Nobel prize and Troy new baby shuffle!
  1. Ice - Sarah McLachlan ("The ice is thin, come on dive in..." - I swear this came up all by itself - any symbolic connection to global warming and the thinning ice caps is purely coincidental!)
  2. I Get Along Without You Very Well - Lena Horne (Actually, I don't, get along without Al very well, I want him to run fro President. I miss him.)
  3. Jazz Man - Carole King
  4. Southern Nights - Glen Campbell (Al is a Tennessee boy after all!)
  5. Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy
  6. The Party's Over - Willie Nelson (Nah, the party has just begun! Great song though.)
  7. Hotel California - The Eagles (Classic!)
  8. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (That's what I'm talkin' about!)
  9. Chiquitita - ABBA (This one's for Troy's baby boy)
  10. Sweet Jane - The Velvet Underground (!)

Interesting shuffle dear Lola...

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Al can do more good not being president. Nice shuffle. And congrats to Troy. Give him a hug for me when you see him and an awwww, he's sooooo cute! for the baby. I wish I could see the baby. I LOVE newborn babies!
Have a great weekend!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

I know Gore can accomplish more on his own - but he'd be suh a good President.

He's so smart...

4:18 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Apparently this country doesn't want smart presidents. :( Good shuffle.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Good shuffle! Agree on the smart president's and he does better not as a pres...but still a Big Congrats to Al and of course to Troy!

By the way, it was Troy who said Lola was a little shuffle! I just followed what he said, but I will not make that mistake again!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home