The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Banning the Boss?


This boys and girls is a clear example of something belonging in the WTF category?

Apparently Clear Channel radio (or as I like to refer to them the minions of Satan) have banned Bruce Springsteen's new album Magic from their 72 thousand radio stations.

To add to my shock and awe about this whole thing, the only MSM I could find reporting the story is...sit down and swallow any liquids you may have in your mouth...FOXNews.com. (You have to scroll down past Britney "why are people still talking about me" Spears - it's the second item in the column.)

I'll wait while you regain your composure over the fact that *I* am actually citing Fox News. I can't help it - the other nine million sources that come up when you Google the subject are Blogs.

OK, so anyway, Clear Channel claims that they're doing this because Springsteen is too old and they're appealing to a younger demographic. But somehow it's OK to play Springsteen's older music - you know the music that came out before the coveted younger demographic was, like, born!

Now I'll wait while you come up with a way to explain this to me so that it makes sense and you can post it in my comments.

OK, ready? See, here's the thing...you think it might have something to do with the fact that both "Magic" and Springsteen are definitely anti-Iraq war? You think it might have something to do with songs like Last to Die on the album and Springsteen's very public disagreement with Dubyuh's three-ring circus, I mean administration?

I'm just saying...things that make you say Hmmmm...

Things that make the mind wobble and the blood pressure rise...I'll be OK - I'm breathing like my friend Cris tells me to.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Banning Bruce from the radio and only Fox (Fixed) News reports on it?! I'm astounded! It really is a good thing that I'm already sitting down.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

It is absurd that (1) the CD is being banned with that reasoning! I personally think it is a fantastic CD! (2) That FoxNews are the only ones who are reporting it! I guess the democrats are doing things right at the moment so they have no one to criticize!

I mean at least the Dixie Chicks gave everyone a reason to "hate" them (even though it just made me love them more). But this is just preposterous!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Preposterous is the order of the day!

I still get a chuckle out of hawkish conservatives embracing "Born in the USA" (and "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World").

Springsteen is embraced by the right when they misunderstand his lyrics...but when they understand them, they get P.O'd. Hmmm.

9:22 AM  
Blogger sari said...

Figures. This is why I don't listen to any Clear Channel stations.

4:13 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't pull myself away from the 700 Club...not! That's it, I'm getting naked and paying those folks at Fox a visit. Don't think I'll do it? Just ask Scribbler's Nook!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home