The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, November 9, 2007

The Lola Shuffle - "The Miami Book Fair 2007" Edition


It's my favorite weekend of the year! The Miami Book Fair International 2007 is here!

I'm so excited I can't stand myself! And it looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend to boot!

I've got a full schedule Saturday (lots of conflicts actually), not so much on Sunday - but here are my expected highlights (there's always a surprise):
  • Erica Jong !!! (OHMYGOD YAY!)
  • Ralph Nader
  • Judge Marilyn Milian (from "The People's Court" - I love her. It's a guilty pleasure, what can I say? Plus she's a cubanita from Miami - it's a solidarity thing)
  • the panel on "Why Kerouac Matters: The Lessons of On the Road (They're Not What You Think)’’
  • Amiri Baraka
  • Jeffrey Toobin
  • The "Cubans in Paris circa 1840" panel
I'll be there - up front in the *reserved rows* because I'm a "Friend of the Fair" and get priority seating. Yes - I am just *that* special!

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

OK Lola, shuffle up something literary...
  1. Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
  2. Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen (Totally random - I swear! It had nothing to do with yesterday's rant. Dayum - Jersey in da' house!)
  3. Tell Me Something Good - Chaka Khan and Rufus (Does everyone love Chaka Khan?)
  4. I Need You - America
  5. Russians - Sting
  6. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen (this song makes me happy)
  7. I Want You Back - The Jackson 5 (Woo hoo! Go Tito, go Tito!)
  8. Darkest Hour - Arlo Guthrie (It's always good to have a Guthrie to keep us honest - be it Woody or Arlo)
  9. This Kiss - Faith Hill
  10. All of Me - Billie Holiday (Ah, we hadn't heard the glorious Lady Day in a while...a wonderful way to end the shuffle!)

Have a wonderful weekend - if you're in South Florida, go to the Book Fair; if you're not - read a book!


Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Have a great time at the book fair, it sounds like fun.

That's my favorite Bon Jovi song and Tell Me Something Good is one of my all time favorite songs as well! Good shuffle!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Have a wonderful time at that fair. I love Darkest Hour -- just love it.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home