The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Road Trip - Day 2 - Brunswick, Georgia to Roanoke rapids, North Carolina


OK - it's Day 2 of our Magical Mystery Tour - aka the road trip to visit my in-laws for Thanksgiving.

Today we are traveling from Brunswick, GA to Roanoke Rapids, NC.

Yesterday I experienced two firsts:

1) I pumped gas for the first time ever! (Y'all better stop laughing at me!) I even called Purplepassion from Gimme Patience to tell her, she sorta yelled at me. I am SO Misunderstood (sigh).

2) I ate at a Waffle House - awesome! At some point on this trip I plan to have coffee there because Robin at Poppymom says their coffee is really good!

We spent pretty much the whole trip - about 9 hours total including lunch at Applebee's which took much too long - playing with the Sirius radio with which our rental van (don't even ask!) came equipped. Do you know that Jimmy Buffett, Elvis and Bruce Springsteen have Sirius channels dedicated to their music only! How cool is that?

I know my life and travels are just too exciting - try and contain your pea-green envy...:)

Let's see what adventures await us today...:)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

You've never pumped gas before? Aren't you lucky!

Waffle House is good, isn't it?? I love the pecan waffles.

Have a safe trip!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

When you called I was a little indisposed and you were all yelling into the phone "Guess what!" That you pumped gas for the first time was the last thing on my mind and I was just OMG and I interrupted a nature call for this!
Well, good for you. Welcome to the club.
Go have coffee at Waffle House, it's very good.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home