The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I'm a Blogger...Hear Me Roar!


Look what Dixie awarded to me! Beside the fact that I was inspired to start Blogging when I read her Blog, I've admired Dixie for a long time for many reasons - needless to say I'm tickled *pink* just like the lion in the picture.

As posted on Dixie's Blog, here's the scoop:

Those people given this award to are encouraged to post it on their own blogs; list three things they believe are necessary for good, powerful writing; and then pass the award on to the five blogs they want to honour, who in turn pass it on to five others, etc., etc. Let's send a roar through the blogsphere! The image at the top right can be copied and pasted onto other blogs. Also, a small size of the award for sidebars can be found over at the writing circle site.

So, what three things do I think are necessary for good, powerful writing?

1) The writer needs to engage me even if they're writing about a subject that isn't familiar to me, or presenting a position I may not agree with. That can range from the misadventures of raising children, to espousing conservative politics.

2) They need to have a sense of humor about themselves. That doesn't mean all their writing has to be funny, they just need to not take themsleves too seriously.

3) They need to be honest. I need to believe that they believe what they're writing.

Now the difficult part...picking five Bloggers to receive this award.

1) Purplepassion at Gimme Patience - this woman is my best friend and most of the time I already know what she's writing about, yet I still look forward to reading her account of it.

2) Robin at Poppy Mom cracks me right up. I look forward to reading about her and Clara Jane's exploits.

3) Troy at Pheasantly Fascinating, like Purplepassion is a *real life* friend, I see him every day at work - yet I look forward to his Blog posts - although he is waaaaaay behind - because of the way his mind works. It's a strange, funny place in there.

4) Curmudgeon at Second Effort - remember how I mentioned a good writer could engage me, even if I don't always agree with their position? Well Curmudegeon is often an example of that. Whether or not I agree with what he's writing, I'm always interested and often learn from him.

5) And then there's Muffy at The Muffyblog. So often I'll read the Blog and find something weird, but fascinating - it's always an adventure!

Check out these wonderful Blogs, if you haven't already...I think you'll like them. And once again Dixie, thank you - you rock!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Thank you; this is very nice.

12:16 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You're more than welcome, sweetie!

6:33 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Thank you Hilda and I will try to not let you down!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home