The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Beba Update - Sunday



"They tried to make me go to Rehab and I said No, No, No..." - Amy Winehouse

Hello all...

Thanks for your continued calls and inquiries into my mom's condition - and most importantly for your prayers and good thoughts, they appear to be working. So much so that she was released from the hospital and into rehab 2-3 days prior to the earliest projected release day.

Needless to say her partial hip replacement surgery was an absolute success and she basically shocked the doctors regarding how good a condition her 84 year old bones were. She barely has osteoporosis!

Initially we had been told that she would be in the hospital at least 3-4 days after surgery (Thursday 1/3), which would be Monday or Tuesday. Well, because my mother is my mother and stronger than anyone gives her credit, on Friday 1/4 I found out they were planning to release her Saturday 1/5! I of course was at work and freaked out. We needed to pick a rehab facility RIGHT AWAY!

She was evaluated and it was determined she could go into one of the more aggressive rehab programs which provides 3 hours (not consecutively) of rehab per day and that she might be able to get out of there and go back to the ALF as early as a week or two.

It was agreed upon by the social worker, doctor and me that it would be better if I wasn't there for the transfer - as she tends to behave better and be more cooperative when I'm not there. So Saturday at around 3 p.m. they transferred her to a facility relatively nearby. She has her own room, she'll be evaluated today and rehab will begin in full Monday.

I'm going to visit her and check the place out later today (Sunday) but have already spoken to the nurse. It seems like it's a strict place with a serious routine and schedule...we'll see how that goes.

Again I ask for more prayers that my Mom will be able to handle this challenge as well as she has handled the past few days. She never ceases to amaze me, and more often than not I wind up worrying for nothing.

Once again, thank you,

Hilda

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger TroyBoy said...

I am glad that Mami is doing so well! I miss our coffee breaks. You'll have to catch me up to speed tomorrow!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad to read that your mom is at a rehab place already! That's great. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

I just happened to your post. I one of those three years ago and I didn't do as well as your Mami...I spent 6 days in hospital and had to fight for two weeks in agressive rehab. Three years later the hip is acting up, scary. Good luck, prayers...she sounds like quite a lady...ciao

1:38 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'm still praying for your Mami! I hope things continue to go smoothly.

4:22 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I'm so glad to hear this!! Mami will remain in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery!

2:38 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

excellent to hear your mom is doing well! i hope rehab goes just as smoothly. :)

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home