The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, January 4, 2008

The Lola Shuffle - The "I'm Actually Glad To Be At Work - How Messed Up Is That?" Edition

Hello all!

Lola's first shuffle of 2008 is here!

Before Lola shuffles - a brief update on my Mom, as some of you have asked I keep you updated. She's resting comfortably, slept through the night - today's "big event" as the surgeon called it will be to get her to sit up in the big chair they have in the room. She should also be getting off the post-surgery clear liquid diet which failed miserably because she refused to drink/eat any of it. When I called this morning the nurse said she was fine, but told them all to leave her alone and stop poking her so she could sleep. Yep - that's my mama!

OK Lola...do your magic!
  1. Landslide - Fleetwood Mac (As much as I like the Dixie Chicks' version - Stevie Nicks' voice is amazing in this song)
  2. I Told You So - Keith Urban
  3. Let It Be - The Beatles (Wow! Good timing for me...)
  4. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get - Morrissey
  5. Unbreak My Heart - Il Divo
  6. Who's Your Daddy? - Toby Keith (I can't help it this song makes me smile)
  7. These are the Days - 10,000 Maniacs
  8. In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening - Bette Midler (phenomenal!)
  9. Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
  10. Love of My Life - Santana featuring Dave Matthews

I can't find Lola's common denominator here...can any of you?

Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I'm sending prayers for your mom and for you. Hope the recovery goes well! At least she's showing some spunk, right?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'm glad your mom is doing well. I'm sure she'll be happy to eat something decent again. I'm praying her recovery continues to go well.

I looove Bette Midler's version of In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening. I sing that around the house all the time.

6:37 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Okay, put down the country music and no one will get hurt! Seriously Lola.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home