The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, January 11, 2008

WOO HOO! "The Complete Jane Austen" on PBS!

Yes, I am that much of a geek that I'm excited about this! Click on the picture above, or on the picture of Jane Austen on my sidebar for details. Every Sunday beginning this Sunday (January 13th) they will be airing the BBC versions of Austen's major novels.

I've seen, own and am mildly obsessed with the BBC version of
Pride and Prejudice . With all due respect to the plethora of other versions of this classic - I think the BBC's is the definitive version. Why? Because, really who is a better Mr. Darcy than Colin Firth ?

OK, I'll say it - I think Firth is a better Mr. Darcy than Laurence Olivier (gasp!).

So watch it - you won't regret it!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

I can't wait. I LOVE Jane Austen. All my romance writer friends are equally psyched.

12:16 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Yawwwwwwwwwn - excuse, sorry deary, were you saying something?

12:54 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I have the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice on DVD. It's nice to see Colin Firth as the definitive Mr. Darcy any time I want. :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger sari said...

that's not my favorite version of Persuasion - there's one with Amanda Root in it (you can find it on Amazon) that is WONDERFUL! Wonderful! And you're right, Mr. Darcy has to be Colin.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home