The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Dictionary Game!

Like me, my in-laws love playing games - board games and the like. Among our favorites is a game we call "The Dictionary Game" but which is the same as Fictionary. So we played it the other night and my mother-in-law came up with a doozy of a word! Let's see how you do...

The word is: floccinaucinihilipilification.

I'll give you four definitions - three that we made up along with the actual definition - and you have to tell me which one you think is correct in my comment - DON'T CHEAT! I'll reveal the correct answer on the Friday shuffle.

OK, here are the definitions:

  1. The process of getting pox-like lesions on the skin after encountering a fablieaux scent of indescribable hoodoo in the men's room.
  2. A process used by hyptonists to help patients suffering from spelling bee nightmares
  3. The act of making something appear to be worthless by deprecation
  4. That which occurs when flocks of domesticated animals are herded uphill in order to avoid their wool from pilling when they are sheared

Now wasn't that fun? Yep - wild and crazy times at the Mindwobbles' house!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Darn. No cheating.

I vote for #2, but entirely by process of elimination. The first definition is silly, the third is too simple, and the fourth...well, the fourth would be my second choice. :)

Sadly I don't reconize the root forms of ANY of the pieces of that compound word.

Sadly I will also have difficulty working it casually into a conversation!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I am making my choice and then looking it up. Honestly, that's some word!

I will pick #3 because of it's simplicity and I am pitting the 'nihil' in the word with the worthless part of the defn.

That's all I got!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Heck, I'm picking definition number one just because it's the one that made me laugh hardest!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Significant Snail said...

We used to play this!!! What fun!

I'll go with number 3...

11:29 AM  
Blogger sari said...

we used to play this game, about twenty years ago. I always enjoyed it!

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home