The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My 45th Birthday Celebration"s"


Inspired by my friend Purplepassion I have decided to make the entire month of July my birthday celebration - particularly this year when I turn 45 years old. That's a big one - the ones with fives and zeroes are always big ones. Really.

So the day before my birthday my visiting mother-in-law made me a delicious birthday dinner - yes boys and girls I got Halupki! And homemade macaroni and cheese! Along with roasted asparagus and a diabetic-friendly birthday cake pictured at the top of the post.


Here's Nancy, the royal mother-in-law and Chef extraordinaire - the woman cooked for me on her vacation!


I had the appropriate Birthday Princess regalia...


...which I shamelessly wore and waved! (Note the royal stain on my shirt - halupki splatters a bit!)


Presents...I got presents, I got lots and lots of presents...preseeeeents...(props to David Letterman).


Hubby gave me perfumes and a spa day, in-laws gave me the dinner and $$$, and I gave myself a Passport which arrived just in time the day before my birthday! No, I'm not going anywhere, but I like to know I can.

On my actual birthday we went to dinner at a great all-you-can-eat seafood buffet in Islamorada in the Florida Keys. Here we are in the restaurant.



Here are Hubby and his Dad futzing with the cell phones...boys and their toys!



Hubby and me by the water in Islamorada. Seriously, are we not adorable?



So I've had a wonderful couple of days...and the month is still young...even if I'm not! :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Eva said...

A very happy birthday to you, Hilda! I love the Birthday Princess regalia. Especially because it means I get to say "regalia".

12:54 AM  
Blogger IslandPearl said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday!!

Many happy returns!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Awww! Happy birthmonth to you!

And I know what you mean about the passport. Somehow, having one is such a relief!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

So THAT's where you were when I called and you didn't answer! I'm glad you were doing something fabulous since you didn't get my live rendition of Happy Birthday to you. The recording will have to do. Enjoy your month!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Have a wonderful month! Happy Birthday.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday. And you and your husband are beyond adorable!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Karoda said...

oooo, a birthday meal fit for royalty for sure! Happy Birthday!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home