The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Where Do You Want To Live Meme

Yep - another meme already! Don't judge me people! I got this one from Dixie.

Here are the instructions, copied from Dixie who copied them from another Blog...

"McCain has 8 homes in the U.S I thought it was 13 but whatevs. You have to pick eight places you would like to live. List them. You don’t have to list your reasons, but if you do at least for a few of them, it would be more fun. And remember that the only rule is: the homes must be within the borders of the United States of America or else, within the borders of the country you live in, so as to utterly emulate the McCains."

I'll add the usual, let me know in my Comments if you're participating...

This is really hard, because even though there are plenty of places I'd like to visit, there aren't that many places where I'd like to live.

  1. Miami - because regardless of all the negative press, it's my hometown and I love it. I love the craziness, the food, the music. Seriously, there's never a dull moment here. Easy drive to Key West and the Everglades.
  2. New York City - because it's New York City! Museums, restaurants, theater, universities, ballet, the New York Times, the New York Public Library, Little Italy, The Village...
  3. San Francisco - I think it's the most romantic city in the US. Absolutely beautiful architecture and views, great restaurants, great public transportation, driving distance to wine country.
  4. Philadelphia - My in-laws are there and they're great, it's a great city with lots to do, Philly Cheese Steaks, fantastic art museum
  5. Washington D.C. - Another phenomenal, cosmopolitan city, I'm a political junkie, museums, diversity...
  6. New Orleans - I think this is the most sensual city in the U.S. Music, food, booze, food, ambiance, music, food, architecture, music, cemeteries, food, the Mississippi River
  7. Seattle - Gorgeous views, a ferry ride away from Bainbridge Island which is gorgeous, progressive, clean, great coffee, easy drive to Oregon, easy drive to Vancouver...
  8. Minneapolis - Loved it! Another beautiful city, the Mary Tyler Moore statue, funky little cafes and bars, another great museum...

OK, now you...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I will be participating, but it will be up on Sunday, Nov. 9.

This is a great idea!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'm glad you picked Miami because I know how you love your city. I purposely didn't pick where I live now or my hometown so I'd have two extra picks. There are so many cool places in the world where I'd love to live that it's a shame I'm not rich!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home