The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

American Idol - Season 8

(sigh)

OK fine, I wound up watching the frickin' frackin' season premiere. "I didn't wanna do it, I didn't wanna do it..." I HATE the auditions, but I'll admit last night's was relatively less horrible than in the past.

There's a new judge . My opinion of her so far: "meh, whatever". The "auditioners" were generic, except for the blind guy.

Oh and Bikini Girl. Appalling! Beautiful girl but appalling! Randy and Simon were ridiculous while Paula and what's-her-name wasted a fabulous opportunity to add a scintilla of dignity to the proceedings by failing to advise the young woman that she probably would have gotten through to Hollywood even if she hadn't skanked up the joint. Instead her behavior was rewarded - she'll probably show up in a g-string and a whip for the first round of the Hollywood competition.

But the zenith of the evening was Ryan Seacrest high-fiving a blind man. Really. Then, just to make more of an idiot of himself he *told* the young man "I'm high-fivin' you dude".

Why does Seacrest have a job? And I won't even comment on the spectacle of Bikini Girl with her tongue down Seacrest's throat.

So here's the deal. I don't plan to watch AI again until they whittle the horde down to 24, and *if* I watch this season (which I don't want to, but probably will) I plan to start recapping after they get down to the final 12.

I don't plan to post about AI till then. Unless I something noteworthy happens or Seacrest makes an idiot of himself again. Given that, I'll probably post after tonight...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

I would like to whine that I feel cheated that I have to watch the awful German version of the Idol show but you keep me so updated with American Idol that I don't feel like I'm missing a thing.

Don't feel pressured to watch until they get to the last 12 but if you can sneak in a few here and there it would be good!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I don't know if I can watch this year. I'm already skipping swimming on Monday for 24 -- don't know if I can not go on Tuesday as well because of Idol. I was wondering what people were going to say about the new judge.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home