Yes, yes, I know Lola usually shuffles on Fridays and today is Wednesday - but Friday was all about Goose and such and on Friday I didn't realize it was Friday because I'm on vacation and don't much care what day it is AND I've been on a steady diet of cold medication (btw Lunesta and Nyquil are a lovely sleeping aid - just in case you needed to know that), hard cider and wine - that'll mess you up a bit! Apparenty it also contributes to extremely long sentences - whatever...:)
Anyhoo - I was in a blustery snow flurry today and freaked out a little bit because I'm from Miami and we don't do that. It's really cold today - the weather has been quite bi-polar 60 to 24 within a day - I mean come on!
So...the in-laws are going to a New Year's Eve party tonight so "the kids" (that would be my soon to be 40 year old husband and 45 year old me) are having a party - WOO HOO!
In honor of New Year's Eve Lola wanted to offer an end-of-the-year shuffle...and awaaaay we go...
- You're My Best Friend - Queen
- Easy - Lionel Richie
- De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da - The Police
- Heaven - Los Lonely Boys
- Boat Drnks - Jimmy Buffett (perfect - apparently Lola is cold too!)
- Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
- Tabu - Desi Arnaz (synchronicity: as I type this I hear Desi Arnaz talking - my MIL is watching "I Love Lucy")
- Let It Be - The Beatles (Indeed! A great song on which to reflect on New Year's Eve.)
- Swingtown - Steve Miller Band
- Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are - Meatloaf (ya gotta love him!)
Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve and a wonderful 2009!
Labels: Holidays, The Lola Shuffle, Vacation