The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, March 20, 2009

The Lola Shuffle - The "Spring Has Sprung!" Edition



Happy Spring!

Although Miami is green all year round we *do* have distinct signs of Spring, one of them being the flaming flowering of our beautiful Royal Poincianas. How I love these trees!


On another note, last night I had dinner with dear friends one of which I haven't seen as often as I should. We went to Panera and then to Starbucks and had a blast! She was recently laid off after working at the same job for over 20 years and is now in a state of flux. She's looking to change careers - isn't that exciting! It's a new beginning - so appropriate for Spring.

She was overwhelmed by decisions and choices and responsibilities and wanted friends' opinions. So we talked about that and about a million other things the way you always do when you reconnect with an old friend you haven't seen for a while...you seamlessly pick up where you left off.

It was really nice!

So Lola...go ahead and shuffle us up a nice weekend mix to get this party started...
  1. New World Man - Rush
  2. Rock Me Gently - Erasure
  3. Con Los AƱos Que Me Quedan - Gloria Estefan
  4. Makin' Whoopee - Ella Fitzgerald
  5. I Only Want to Be With You - Dusty Springfield
  6. Que Bueno Baila Usted - Beny More
  7. My Sharona - The Knack
  8. I Drove All Night - Cindy Lauper
  9. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me - Diana Ross and the Supremes
  10. Radio GAGA - Queen
Very nice...again, a lot we hadn't heard in a while. Good job Lola.

I hope everyone has a great Spring weekend...enjoy!

Image source



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger maria said...

Hi Hilda,

I love Panera. They are opening one a couple of blocks from me on March 23rd, and I can hardly wait!
Have a great weekend!

Maria Eugenia

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home