The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ack! 46! Happy Birthday to Me...

Look! There I am! You know those pictures they take of babies when they're just born? The ones where it's virtually impossible for anyone to look good because OMG you were either just plucked out of a nice, warm, dark, quiet space into a bright, loud, cold room - or you had to go through the trauma of being pushed out of your little home and go through all sorts of unpleasant areas. And then what do they do? They take your picture! A picture that will endure throughout your life. Pretty sucky IMO.

Well, anyway, I don't think they were taking those pictures waaaay back in 1963, but if they were I never saw one of me. So, the picture I posted above is among the earlier pictures I've found.

And then there's this one:



...but I didn't want you to think I was grumpy. :)

So yeah, 46. I was talking to a friend of mine who turns 46 next month and we agreed that it's weird, but somehow 45 seems older than 46! Maybe because it's a milestone number but it sounds kind of matronly. So does 43, but not 41. See this is what happens when I start thinking about numbers. Not good.

I think I'm getting an iPhone for my birthday. Hubby and I are going shopping for it this weekend. Really the only reason I want one is because I'm guessing it'll sync up easily to my iTunes *and* because I want a Smart Phone so I can get that application where you can hold the phone up to the radio and it'll tell you the name of the song and who's singing. That is so cool. Oh, and maybe I can access Facebook from work - that'll be productive.

We're also planning to go for a nice dinner Saturday night. Yay! We're going to go to Flemings - the steakhouse. It'll be nice to get dressed up and go on a fancy date with Hubby.

I'll let you know how it goes...:)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I made a donation through your Giving Page to one of your chosen projects. I hope it gets funded.
Have a wonderful time this weekend. I will call you later!
LOVE the pictures!

4:26 PM  
Blogger annieinthesun said...

Hi Hilda,

You are a brave and energetic girl. Brave, for posting this baby pic! It's adorably cute. And energetic for keeping abreast of your blog.

I actually found you because I was checking out the proofreader position at Interval. I worked there as a temp copywriter about 2 years ago. Can you give me any insight into why the position's been posted over a month? I would love to join the company as a regular employee (I've been freelancing/temping for a while).

Anyway, I enjoyed your blog and would love to be in touch, professionally and as friends.

Ann

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home