The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, July 3, 2009

The Lola Shuffle The "Happy Birthday Mami" Edition


Mami would have been 86 years old today. She's been on my mind since Mother's Day and I miss her.
I find myself quoting her - "Like my mother used to say...". She always had a funny, very typical Cuban - specifically *Havana* saying for everything. And the she'd have the ones in English which were either translations from Spanish or that she had made up. My husband keeps saying we should compile them - they crack him up.
I use them often, just one of many intangible things she left me, just one of the many things that make me like her...part of her legacy.
Lola shuffle something up from the "Beba Playlist"
  1. Makin' Whoopee - Ella Fitzgerald
  2. Stranger in Paradise -Tony Bennett
  3. Babalu - Desi Arnaz
  4. Learnin' the Blues - Frank Sinatra
  5. You Always Hurt the Ones You Love - The Mills Brothers
  6. Como Fue - Beny More
  7. Tradicion - Gloria Estefan
  8. Standing on the Corner - Dean Martin
  9. Mister Don't Touch the Banana - Willy Chirino
  10. My Way - Frank Sinatra (LOL!)

So Mami, have a Happy Birthday...and as you used to say: "don't do anything I wouldn't do, but if you do - take pictures!"

I love you Mami, and I miss you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Dean and Desi in the same shuffle. I'm swoonin' here! I'm swoonin'!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home