The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, June 12, 2009

The Lola Shuffle - "The I Missed a Week" Edition

I don't have a good excuse...I just haven't felt like Blogging. I don't even have a picture for this post! I suck.

Last Friday I worked from home and completely forgot about the shuffle...my bad.

So, here's my makeup shuffle...let's see what Lola has for us.
  1. I Am Woman - Helen Reddy (this one's for you Dixie!)
  2. Who Am I (What's My Name)? - Snoop Dogg (it's kinda bad that I really like this song - the uncensored version no less - isn't it?)
  3. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
  4. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
  5. Hump de Bump - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  6. Love You Inside and Out - Bee Gees
  7. Roxanne '97 (Puff Daddy Remix) - Sting and the Police (Apparently Lola is in a gangsta mood)
  8. Sway - The Pussycat Dolls (Yes, The Pussycat Dolls - don't judge me people!)
  9. May Your Music Live On - Terrance Simien
  10. Stay - Cyndi Lauper (an excellent version of this song)

I don't know why I'm so disaffected lately. I guess my muse is on summer vacation. Lucky her.

Stuff has been going on too. I was summoned to Federal Jury Duty. I went on Monday and went into a court room for jury selection but didn't get picked for the trial - maybe because on the Judge's questionnaire I said I was against the death penalty and against the Three Strikes law.

But here's the kicker - I'm "on call" for two weeks. Every night this week and next week I had/have to call and see if I have to show up the next day.

To be honest Federal jury duty wasn't nearly as soul shatteringly boring as County jury duty - they kept us busy all day between filling out the questionnaire and the jury selection show. One of the times I was called to county jury duty I sat in the frickin' frackin' jury pool room all day - brutal!

I've got a relatively busy weekend ahead. Saturday morning I want to sleep in because I haven't been getting enough sleep. Then I have a Cuban cooking class for the Cuban Home Cooking Blog - we're learning how to make "Fritas Cubanas" - which is sorta like a Cuban hamburger only way better.

On Sunday, I'm going with my friend Cris to see a slightly scary performance - it's something called Fuerza Bruta. If I survive maybe I'll tell you about it afterwards.

So, have a great weekend...do something fun and stay cool.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

You're making me have a soft spot for Helen Reddy!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home