The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Lola Shuffle - The "Season Finale!" Edition

image source

Wow! The season finales of my "must-see" shows have been fantastic so far! It started with Heroes last week, which was the weakest finale of the lot yet still good, and then Brothers and Sisters on Sunday. This week kicked into high gear with the mind-bending House season-ender Monday, on Tuesday we had the beyond freakishly awesome Fringe, then Wednesday we had the amazing LOST season finale and Thursday the heart-wrenching Grey's Anatomy ending. The only one of my main shows that hasn't ended yet is 24 - always exciting - and that ends next Monday.

It seems that while we weren't looking TV got good again. For example, "LOST" for all its frustrating contrivances is a *smart* show - and say what you will about TV making us dumber, I know that I have Wikipediad and Googled references to Egyptian mythology, religious symbolism, countless literary references and lots of other stuff because of this show. The writers have introduced concepts from a panoply of areas in an entertaining fashion, and I think that's great - I've actually learned because of it.

It had been a while since I followed so many shows. In addition to those I mentioned, there are others that I watch regularly but are less important: Lie to Me, Castle, and The Mentalist stand out.

If you haven't watched any of these, try to catch the reruns or online and let me know what you think - you may find a new favorite!

So Lola, just because I'm watching TV doesn't mean I don't love you! Shuffle it up baby...

  1. It Had To Be You - Dinah Shore
  2. Livin' La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
  3. S.O.S. - ABBA
  4. You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban
  5. Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller Band
  6. Sweet Jane - The Velvet Underground
  7. Waterfalls - TLC
  8. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da - The Police
  9. Scenes from an Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel
  10. Luxurious - Gwen Stefani

Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

I kept yelling at Meredith telling her who John Doe was. When she finally figured it out I was crying. I found that I was actually holding my breath at the end of Grey's Anatomy last night and that's hard to do when you are crying.

11:10 AM  
Blogger IslandPearl said...

I was telling Barbara the same thing yesterday about Lost.

With all the literary/philosophical/biblical/mythological/etc references (not to mention the truly esoteric mathematical and physics theory tossed in) and the virtual army of ubergeeks (love you Doc Jensen!!) ready willing and able to research them AND share the results with the rest of us through countless blogs and message boards, Lost has created quite an intellectual community.

And Fringe just out-Losted Lost. Hopefully it will outlast it as well...otherwise this time next year will be a sad time indeed!

Network TV can be saved.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Acinom said...

I recently said to someone that I realize I judge people on whether or not they watch Lost. If they are fans, they actually move up a few notches in my book. If they don't, and the reason has nothing to do with a lack of TV or other commitments but is something like "I tried but I never got into it" they move down a few. Who would have thought I'd be a TV snob!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home