The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Lola Shuffle - The "Summer in the City" Edition


Up top there is the icon on my Google Desktop for the weather in Miami today. The high is expected to be 92 and the low 76 with the humidity at 77% - but it feels way more humid than that - it's your glasses get fogged up when you walk outside humid. Actually it feels like you can chew the air. I'm not complaining, I've lived here for 41 years - this is the way it's supposed to be, and I think the humidity helps our skin look younger, particularly those of us of swarthy Mediterranean stock.

So yeah, it's summer in Miami and it's hot and humid.

Aren't you glad you took the time to read my Blog today?

So the always cool Lola, will now shuffle us up some tunes to help us forget it's muggy and yucky and ugh.
  1. Jesse - Carly Simon
  2. San Zarabanada - Willy Chirino
  3. Quiet Times - Dido
  4. Weekend in New England - Barry Manilow
  5. The Way You Look Tonight - Rod Stewart (Is it just me or are Barry Manilow and Rod Stewart morphing into the same person? They look a lot alike now.)
  6. My Interpretation - Mika
  7. Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' - Journey
  8. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
  9. Swing - Trace Adkins
  10. I Could Fall in Love With You - Erasure

Everyone stay cool and enjoy your summer weekend!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I think the only reason I survive the heat of Arizona (besides the fact that I have a pool) is because it's not humid.

And your'e right about Rod and Barry, by the way.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

About Rod and Barry... in my house their names are: Rod I'm NOT Barry Manilow Stewart and Barry I'm NOT Rod Stewart Manilow...for the children's sake because they constantly confuse them. LOL!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home